Thursday, April 5, 2007

Water

My name is Madi. I am four. I love you. People don't have clean water and I love them. And I love you Saoudi. I collect money to give water.




Recently we made a decision to support a child through World Vision that is close to my two daughter's ages (they are 2 and 4). Madison looked through the images with me and selected three year old Saoudatou - we call her Saoudi!

When I read to Madison and Eden about the need for clean water in Saoudi's village Madi was sad to hear there are people who do not have clean water. That was months ago, but it impacted her greatly. Anytime she finds money she says she is collecting it to help give clean water. Today she announced she wants to have a water sale - we're going to buy bottles of water for her to sell to raise money for World Vision.

If you live near us and would like a bottle of water from Madi - she'll likely have them with her at most times.

If you don't live near us, you can make a donation to World Vision. I was going to say you could send a cheque to Madi's water fund but didn't know if that was appropriate.

Madi would love to hear from you so please leave a comment!

7 comments:

Monica said...

Madi,

I love your heart... and your art!

Your idea to help give Saoudi and others clean water is a VERY GOOD IDEA!

Next time I see your mom, I will be sending her with a donation for your clean water project!

Love Monica

ldellelce said...

Madi, I work with your dad and would love to buy bottles of water. Will you be coming into the office or should I just give your Dad the money? I think what you're doing for Saoudi is very nice and she is lucky to have you as a friend. Louise

Unknown said...

You are an amazing young girl Madison. You know how much your grandparents love you and we know how much you love Saoudi. We would be honored to help you raise money for your clean water project.

Love, Grandpa and Grandma Ron

Jen K said...

Madison - you make my heart so happy. I would love to buy some water from you to help Saoudi and her family. A great idea!

Anonymous said...

Madi,
You are a good friend! Aliah is happy to have you as a friend and so is Saoudi! What a smart girl you are to think of such a great idea to help your friend Saoudi. Pete, Jodey, Aliah, Caden and I will all give you a little money to help buy clean water! Did you know that Jesus would be very happy that you are wanting to help others? Good job Madi!
Cherie

Anonymous said...

Monica - I love you. Thank you for giving me the message. Thank you for leaving me a message. Love Madison

---------------------------

Louise - I want to go to the office. I love you. See you soon in the office. Love Madison

----------------------------
Grandma & Grandpa - (she sang this one) I love you, you love me, we're a happy family with a great big hug and a kissing hand won't you say you'll help me and Marcie. [Madi seems to think her aunt Marcie is her partner in this endeavour]

-----------------------------
Melissa - I love you. Will you come again to my house with Caleb? Thank you for listening to me on my message.

-----------------------------
Jen - Thank you for thinking my idea is great. I hope to see you tommorrow. I love you.

-----------------------------
Cherie - I'm glad Aliah is my friend and that she is happy. I hope we can make Saoudi happy. I hope to see you soon. Love Madi.

Jasen M. said...

Will you ship water to Fresno? How cute is that?!?! Good luck Madi!